Ok, I am one week into summer, YIKES. For some reason the days are feeling long. The kids are waking up and after a few snuggles are asking to go play outside. I had to make the rule, “No one can go outside until I have my coffee”. So far it has not worked one day.
I see all of these list going around Facebook and Pinterst. I LOVE them. I make them. I post them. I don’t do them. This year I thought to myself, Let’s be real Beth; how is this summer really going to go?”
So I’m making my realistic list.
- Start my day with a shower even if that start time is 10am.
- Don’t yell at the kids so much.
- Drink more ice coffee.
- Fit into my bathing suit enough so I’m not embarrassed.
- Take the kids to the beach at least once a week and try not to remember sunscreen.
- Avoid places that MAY have ticks.
- Make Kyle grill more.
- Visit as many ice cream places as possible with or without kids, preferably without. They eat all my ice cream
- Don’t let the baby fall down the stairs.
- Don’t let any of the kids drown.
- Prepare to wake up earlier than I have in a while to get Annaka to school on time in September (Gotta start mentally preparing).
- Take more photos.
- Out of two camping trips planned have ONE successful night.
- Go on an overnight BY MYSELF!
- Eat S’mores
This is my list. It’s nothing fancy. Maybe we’ll be able to cross a few off maybe we won’t. I’m okay with that.
Cheers to summer, cheers to motherhood and surviving it with laughter, grace and a whole lotta mess.